A collection of links to inspire your Sunday. Enjoy!
– Chriselle Lim travelled to Greece this summer and her photos are stunning. Here are my favourite posts from her trip: 1, 2. The gifs are just the cherry on top and really add to that otherworldly feel.
– Also from Chriselle: Her top 5 fall nail polish picks. So dreamy!
– I’m ashamed to admit how much time I’ve spent on this mermaid dress-up game, but I’ll be damned if it’s not the most addicting thing E-V-E-R.
– Anyone who’s ever lived in apartment building can relate to this video about upstairs neighbours. It’s so hilariously close to home (literally), but sometimes I do worry that I am that neighbour (sorry!)
– This parody video for an artisan firewood company is flawless. You just KNOW there are people who would totally buy into that.
– /r/BlunderYears is a subreddit where people share photos from their embarrassing youths. Thank the Lord I hated having my photo taken as a teenager because I can assure you, that would be an absolute goldmine of cringe.
– If you’re looking for something a little unsettling to get you in the mood for Halloween, look no further than Emily Carroll’s comics. Beautiful illustrations, haunting stories.
– I’m not the world’s greatest Jeff Koons fan, but I’m still kind of annoyed that I didn’t get a chance to see his sculptures in Florence while I was still there. There’s something fascinating and daring about seeing contemporary art exhibited in historic spaces, and while I wouldn’t want the charm of heritage sites constantly ruined by misguided attempts to attract a wider audience, temporary exhibitions are a great way to bring a fresh perspective to things.
– Speaking of whom, Man Repeller asks if Kim Kardashian is the new Jeff Koons. It’s nice to read something about Kim that isn’t scrutinising her appearance or giving her flak for being who she is, because honestly I think she’s a force of nature and much more savvy than people think.
– Dolce & Gabbana presented their new collection last Sunday. My superficial reaction is love at first sight, but the more I click through the slideshow, the more questions come to mind. Where there are clearly elements of past collections incorporated, it also feels like a sort of creative slowdown for the fashion house, after some very strong collections in the past few years. I’ll still be lusting after it all and it’s certainly making me crave Italy, but I kind of want to see something extraordinary from them.
– Have you been following Barbie on Instagram? She’s travelling the world for various fashion weeks, she has that Céline bag that I want, and she’s collaborated with Pat McGrath for a series of high fashion makeup looks. Can I just be her already?
– Gilded edibles at Bridal Musings! I’m not planning a wedding, but most of these ideas things would work just as well for festive food as Christmas fast approaches.
– CAN’T. STOP. LISTENING. TO. THE. WEEKND.
Happy weekend, everyone!