It’s December, it’s finally acceptable to have tinsel EVERYWHERE, and all the beauty brands have their holiday collections out by now. Being achingly far from my next student loan installment and having a huge list of gifts that I need to be buying other people before myself, I’ll be waiting for the January sales before there’s a possibility of picking up a few treats, but I’ve compiled a list of my top holiday beauty picks if you were looking for gift inspiration, or simply planning to indulge yourself!
1. Tom Ford Lash Tips Mascara in Burnished gold, £35 /// Gold mascara. GOLD. MASCARA. Technically it’s just for the ends of your lashes but the possibilities are endless with this one – gold lower lashes, a bright streak on the outer edges, total lash gilding? This has you covered.
2. Ladurée Les Merveilleuses Pressed Cheek Colour /// Okay, I couldn’t find a price, this techically isn’t from a holiday collection, and I suspect it’s only available instore in Japan, but would this not make the perfect Secret Santa present? The whole line looks like it came straight from Marie Antoinette’s vanity table, and there’s a whole twenty shades to choose from! I’m not sure what I’d do with the yellow one, but I’d love no.10 or 11 in my collection.
3. Charlotte Tilbury Mini Lipstick Charms, £29 /// Three mini lipsticks in wearable shades, all in Charlotte Tilbury’s gorgeous signature Art Deco-inspired packaging. I’d be thrilled to wake up to these on Christmas morning.
4. Dior Diorific State of Gold nail polish, £20.50 /// I’m sure you could maybe probably definitely get a very similar polish at the fraction of the price, but the orb-shaped bottle would make a lovely gift and a very pretty addition to any vanity table. Glitter nail polish is an absolute must for December.
5. Chanel Long Wear Cream Eye Shadow in Rouge Noir, £25 /// For this season, Chanel has based its holiday collection around its iconic Rouge Noir, and the Eye shadow looks abolutey divine. I sampled a few of the other products instore and really liked the rouge noir eye pencil, and am seriously considering the gold eye crayon. The mascara from this collection has sold out on Boots online, so I’d suggest acting fast for one of these limited edition pieces!
What’s on your Christmas list?